How To Change Your Dial-Up Phone Number
From time to time, it may become necessary to change your Dial-Up Phone Number
to access Channel 1. A complete list of our Dial-Up Numbers can be found on our
Access Number page. Once
you have the number you wish to use, click on the appropriate link below for information
on how to change your number with your dial-up program.
If you are unsure about which program you are using, look at the title bar
when you open the application or pull down the "help" menu and look for "about".
- For Windows 95, you can change the phone number the "Connect to.." screen when you open
your Channel 1 connection, however, this will not permanently change your number. Follow the
instructions below to permanently set the change.
- 1. Double Click on the "My Computer" Icon on your Desktop.
- 2. Double Click on the "Dial-Up Networking" Icon.
- 3. You should now see an icon labeled "Channel 1" or something similar. RIGHT mouse
click on the icon and go down to "properties". LEFT mouse click on "properties".
- 4. You should see a box labeled "Telephone Number". Put your new access number in this box then click on "OK".
The next time you connect, it will use this phone number.
- Open your "Channel 1 Tools" folder and double click on "Trumpet". If you computer
automatically dials up when you open Trumpet, let it connect, then follow the steps below. You will
need to close Trumpet before the new setting will take effect.
- 1. Go under the "Dialler" menu, down to the last option called "1 setup.cmd"
- 2. A box should then pop up and ask you for "Phone Number". Enter your new access number here and click
- 3. It will then ask you for your username. At this point, you can simply click "Cancel". The next time you
dial-up, it will use the new access number.
- 1.Open up "FreePPP" and click on the "Accounts" tab (if you do not see an Accounts Tab, click on the
small blue triangle near the bottom Left. This will show you all options.
- 2. Highlight "Channel 1" (or the closest matching title) then click on the "Edit" button.
- 3. You should then see a box that says "Phone Number". Enter your new access number in there and then
click on "OK". The next time you connect, it will dial the new number.
- 1. Open up "ConfigPPP" and click on the "Config..." tab near the bottom Left.
- 2. You should then see a box that says "Phone Num". Enter your new access number in there and then
click on "DONE". The next time you connect, it will dial the new number.
All Content and Design
· Copyright © 2000+ ·
· Channel 1 Communications® is a service of Cybergate, Inc.